go

Saturday, May 07, 2005

A Knox County Pratt Truss Bridge


Isolated Bridge in Knox County Posted by Hello

Finally after 2 weeks of lousy weather the sun returned and I got the motorcycle out for another road trip. I returned to Knox County to check out another 6 bridges in the east part of the county that were listed by ODOT as still existing. This picture shows the only original bridge actually remaining. After crossing over this bridge the gravel road became really bad. I had to ford through some water then I could see a sharp turn on an uphill section with exposed ledges of rock and lots of loose stuff. This did not seem like a good road for my street bike so I doubled back (through the water again). The good old GPS plotted me an alternate route to the next bridge (which turned out to be completely gone).